Thursday, June 25, 2009

Strolling Through the Northrop

I was walking through campus the other day and was wondering when a concert was going to roll through town at the Northrop again. There have been some major acts there this past couple of years: Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Van Morrison, and new acts like the Killers and John Legend. Northrop Auditorium tickets for all of those shows were very difficult commodities. I really think I am believing the rumor mill on this one that the Northrop is getting some work done on it this summer - simply because I think it is a little weird that there is not one single touring act that is stopping there this summer. I know that it is the summer and the University is on summer break so staffing may be a little more difficult, but come on, it's such a wonderful facility and it holds so many people.

Walking through campus is a lot of fun. They really take good care of the grounds. I walked through Stadium Village through the mall area up to Northrop. I made a stop my the new science building (it's about time they tore that old one down!) and then made my way to Dinkeytown passing good ol Jones Hall, where I spent a lot of my time in college. I stopped in and had a beer at Blarneys, simply because I could not have one at the Dinkeytowner, may it rest in peace!



Lets think about this - think of all the past acts at the Northrop - think of you would like to come back the most? Let me know!


No comments: